If you have a Windows computer and a Fujitsu autofeed scanner, we recommend downloading the Fujitsu Paperstream Capture software from fi Series Software Downloads page. There are other scanning softwares, but we've had the best luck with Paperstream Capture one.
Be sure to configure all the settings for the scanner in Advanced mode. Among the settings you'll want to tweak:
- Image rotation - Sometimes autorotation doesn't work well for cards, so turn this off if your cards are getting mis-rotated. If you are inserting your cards horizontal, be sure to have the images rotated 90 degrees.
- Image margin - Cards always look nice when you add a 2-3mm black margin.
- Image color and dpi - Be sure to have the scanner set for color and 300 dpi
- Filetype - Save as JPG images. Default TIF images are too big and won't work with CDP.
- Multifeed Detection - You'll likely want to turn this off, especially if scanning cards in top loaders and penny sleeves
I've got the newest version of Paperstream Capture and it doesn't have a margin option.
How do you get margins if there isn't an option? Any help would be appreciated.
Please sign in to leave a comment.